- I am completely in lust with the Graham & Green spring collection; so sad that they won’t deliver to me, down here at the bottom of the world. Makes me sad, because I’m pretty sure my life will always feel empty and incomplete without this dressing table –
- Pink hair rocks my socks off. But I am still fretting about whether or not to just do it. Sigh. Every time I think I have made up my mind, I get scared. Maintenance scares me. The fact that a super bright colour will draw attention, so running into the supermarket with no makeup and trackpants won’t really be an option anymore. And makeup – having a brighter colour will mean wearing more makeup so I don’t look like a ghost. And I’m still not even sure that pink is the right choice.. there are a few other colours that might be a better option.Right now, it’s narrowed down to hot pink (like the picture), bright red, natural red, blonde or dark brown – what do you think?
- Ordering pizza from the internet is so embarrassingly exciting. Even if it’s super expensive and not great pizza. Bad thing about living in Geelong – I really wanted Vietnamese food delivered. Oh well.
- It’s not all bad in this little town though. Geelong Lyric Theatre Society is doing Monty Python’s Spamalot right now – from all accounts, it’s pretty fun. I think Miss Jessie Upton and I are going next week, but if you want tickets call GPAC on 5225 1200 or book online. Nathanator is stage managing, so if something goes wrong we can blame it on him!
- Dreams of Flying by Jan von Holleben is one of my favourite things ever – it’s a collection of photos of people laying on surfaces, posed as though they were flying. I came across this years ago, but end up revisiting it all the time.
- Go here and have a listen. The band is Carolina Chocolate Drops, an old-style Southern band made up of fiddle, banjo and a hell of a voice. I really want the album Genuine Negro Jig – especially because of their cover of Blu Cantrell’s Hit ‘Em Up Style.
- Nath turned me onto this really handy tool – Kuler. It’s a community based around making gorgeous 5-colour palettes; when I get my office set up again and start making things, I can see a lot of potential uses for this. Otherwise it’s great for inspiration. Licorice Oz is my favourite –